Health & Safety
The health, safety, and well-being of your children and our staff is the hallmark of our mission and policies.
- All Children are checked in and out by our staff upon arrival and departure.
- Our coded entry ensures only authorized visitors can enter the facility.
- Your child will only be released to adults who have an authorization form on file with LCDC.
- Background checks are performed on every employee prior to employment.
- LCDC campus is equipped with cameras in every classroom, as well as outside our facility.
- In the event of an accident, an incident report will be written and parents will be asked to review the camera footage upon signing the report.
- All teachers are CPR certified, monitor choking hazards, and administer basic first aid
- Children under 10-years-old are NOT required to wear a mask at LCDC.
- Parents, however, are required to wear a mask while in the building.
- Temperatures are taken upon arrival for students and staff. Those with a temperature of 100.4+ degrees will not be permitted on campus.
- If your child is sent home with fever, they may return after becoming fever free, without medication, for 24 hours and a doctor’s note.
- Upon arrival, after your child’s temperature is taken, all children must wash their hands.
- All medication, including over the counter medicine, must be turned into a staff member upon arrival. You will need to fill out a form giving LCDC instructions and permission to administer medication.
- Immunizations/documentation are required for enrollment at LCDC.
- It is required by law if any staff member suspects any child abuse or neglect, they must report it to the Director.
- Our facility is sanitized multiple times throughout the day, ensuring a clean and safe environment for your child.
- If LCDC needs to evacuate during an emergency, all students will be transported by van or bus to Haslet Community Center, located at 105 Main Street in Haslet.
- Fire drills are practiced every month and severe weather drills are practiced every three months.
- LCDC is not located in a Gang Zone and is strictly Gun and Weapon free. Firearms, hunting knives, bow and arrows, and any other weapons are strictly prohibited from LCDC. Law enforcement officials on duty may carry a firearm and ammunition.
- We follow the Northwest Independent School District schedule for inclement weather. If the schools open 2 hours late, LCDC will also open 2 hours late. If we are unable to open by 11:00 a.m. due to extreme weather or power outages, we will close for the remainder of the day.