We offer individualized care for children of all ages. From infant to grade school, you can trust that your child will receive the best care possible.
Toddler & Pre K
Our toddler program partners with parents to teach early learning skills and the curriculum uses their energy to learn through play, songs, and activities. Having fun and learning go hand-in-hand at LCDC!
- Toddlers eat breakfast, lunch and snack in the cafeteria, where they are encouraged to use utensils and manners.
- LCDC participates in a healthy meals program that provides fresh fruits, vegetables, milk, meats and whole grains.
- Toddlers wash their hands before and after eating.
The staff is trained to monitor choking and is CPR certified.
- All children are encouraged to try new foods, but accommodations can be made to ensure your child is satisfied.
- At LCDC learning is more than ABC’s and 1,2,3’s. It’s recognizing the spelling of their name, playing and sharing with peers, and following simple directions.
- We offer age appropriate learning centers that change daily, with a new theme every month.
- Teachers interact with your toddler during play time to show interest while they are learning pretend play, reasoning skills, and problem solving.
- Naps are important. Padded mats are provided with a quiet space to encourage restful sleep.
Social & Emotional Development
- Teaching your child critical social development starts with the attitude of the LCDC staff. We greet you at the door with a smile and a “Good morning!” Then, we build on the positive interaction throughout the day.
- As teachers and other students engage with your toddler, he or she is learning the basics of being a good friend, to take turns speaking, and begin to identify boundaries.
- We have a dedicated toddler outdoor play area for age appropriate fun.
- We foster kindness, a place where toddlers feel comfortable expressing affection and other emotions.
Communication & Language
- Toddlers sing and dance – learning rhyming and pre-reading skills, while developing vocabulary.
- We want to help your toddler develop a love for books and kickstart their imagination.
- Through storytelling and mimicking teachers, toddlers learn to speak in full sentences.
- At LCDC we speak with kind words and use positive, encouraging voices. Children learn by example.